Empower. Teach. Inspire.
The Learning Academy is a public Pre-K through 5th grade neighborhood program which has been serving the local community for the past 50 years.
We are dedicated to providing all students with a balanced and rigorous curriculum taught in English, including language arts, mathematics, science, social studies, technology and the arts to develop critical thinking and problem solving skills for future success.
The Learning Academy serves all learners - general education, English learners, gifted and special needs. We believe it takes a village to raise a child, and our children are the priority.
Our award-winning Parent Resource Center provides parent workshops in English and Spanish. Our highly-qualified staff includes advanced degreed and National Board Certified Teachers, all passionate individuals who motivate students to become life-long learners and global citizens.
All students receive art, music and gardening classes. Our P.S. ARTS is taught weekly by professional artists featured on PBS. We have hands-on science lessons and an annual Science Fair. Our students learn in the Mac Computer Lab and on Smart Boards. And for those who need additional support, we offer in school and after school intervention in small learning groups.
Come see what the Learning Academy is all about!
"The secret in education lies in respecting the student." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
What We Offer
- Engaging, rigorous curriculum in English
- Highly qualified and credentialed staff
- Safe, friendly environment
- High-quality FREE Pre-K in a nurturing environment
- Transitional kindergarten for late birthdays
- Involved Parents/Parent Resource Center/PTA
- Garden School Foundation Seed to Table Program
- Parent workshops
- Hands-on Science/Science Fair
- P.S. ARTS - weekly music and art classes taught by professional artists
- GATE (Gifted and Talented) clusters in regular classrooms, field trips, and more
- Technology (Mac computer lab, smart boards, etc.)
- Intervention (Extra help in small groups)
- Integration with special education students during art, music and P.E.
- Free before and after-school care 6:15am - 6pm
- After-school enrichment (Mad Science, Soccer Shots, Dance...)