Grand View Blvd. Elementary School is committed to providing a safe and secure learning environment for its students. The enhanced involvement and assistance of parents in our school programs and activities is greatly appreciated by the staff and students of Grand View. All school campus visitors must be informed and adhere to the laws and school policies of visitors to school campuses, as stated in the California Education Code (Ed code j44810 (a); j44811(a); j51101(a): (1), (2), (12), and Board Rules (1265, 2002).
ALL CAMPUS VISITORS MUST:
- Request an appointment for a visitation/observation date and time from the office staff after entering the school office. The school will try to accommodate the time and date according to requestor’s needs when possible.
- Complete a visitor’s permit and obtain the principal/designee’s approval before proceeding to the classroom.
- Visitors must enter through the MAIN OFFICE and sign in at the FRONT COUNTER.
- Staff will provide the visitor with a badge to enter campus or arrange an appointment if necessary.
- Determine the classroom activity you are observing and keep the classroom observation time to no more than 20 minutes.
- Follow the school’s established procedures for scheduling an appointment with the teacher(s) and/or principal/designee after the classroom visit, if needed.
- Visitor must request appointment in the Main Office before leaving school campus.
- All visitors must exit campus through the Main Office and sign out before leaving the office, if needed.
SOME IMPORTANT RULES FOR VISITORS:
- Enter and leave the classroom as quietly as possible.
- DO NOT CONVERSE with the students, teacher, and/or instructional assistants during the visitation.
- DO NOT INTERFERE with any school activity during the visitation.
As a reminder, most of our teachers are available before and after school everyday except Tuesday afternoons.
Refer to our Campus Map to navigate Grand View once on campus.
We appreciate your cooperation and respect to our school and district policies.
Alfredo Ortiz, Principal
Grand View Boulevard Elementary School