Valet Curbside Drop- Off
Morning Valet Drop Off
HOW CURBSIDE VALET DROP-OFF WORKS:
Drivers, please arrive at school heading south on Grand View Blvd. (traveling towards Washington Place). Be forewarned that the Washington Place streetlight is slow to change, so it may be more beneficial to turn left or right on Mitchell. Do NOT make a U-turn on Grand View Blvd. at any time, it is illegal, unsafe, and drivers will be ticketed. Please use the crosswalk on Mitchell if you are walking students across the street. Jaywalking on a Grand View Blvd. where speeding has been observed is unsafe. This service is being implemented in cooperation with the LAPD and will be monitored by their officers.
To ensure the safety of all children, all drivers should follow these simple rules:
- Please follow the instructions of the Valet crew.
- Please do not park within 10 feet of the orange coned area.
- Pull all the way forward to the volunteer before allowing children to exit the car.
- Allow the adult Valet to assist children from the car. Drivers do not need to exit their vehicles. Children should not open the doors or the trunks.
- Children should gather their books, backpacks, jackets, lunch and/or any personal belongings prior to reaching the Valet Zone so they are ready to immediately exit the car.
- Before exiting the Valet area, drivers should wait for a signal from the Valet Volunteer to ensure children are safely out of the way.
Consider volunteering periodically to help make this service a success!