Come visit YOUR Parent Center in Room 28. This is dedicated space for all Grand View families to connect with one another, volunteer, attend informative workshops, and learn about how to best advocate for your child. Small children are welcome to play in our toy and books corner!
The Parent Center hosts several workshops throughout the year. Upcoming workshops include:
- January 29: Coffee with the Principal--Understanding A-G Graduation Requirements, 9AM
- February 5: Internet Safety--What Every Parent Should Know, 9AM
- February 22: Social Emotional Learning, 8:30AM
- February 26: Coffee with the Principal--School Report Card, 9AM
- March 4: Ready, Set, Read! Meeting 1 of 2, 9AM
- April 22: Ready, Set, Read! Meeting 2 of 2, 9AM
- May 10: How to Talk so your Children will Listen, How to Listen so your Children will Talk, 8:30AM
- May 12: How to Get Rules and Behavior Contracts to Work, 8:30AM
Also starting in March, the Parent Center will offer another round of Abriendo Puertas. Days are TBD. Please contact Karrie Roy to sign up.
The Abriendo Puertas
workshop is designed to promote school readiness, family well-being, and advocacy by addressing best practices in brain development, key aspects of early childhood development (cognitive, language, physical, and social/emotional), early literacy, numeracy, bilingualism, health, attendance, civic engagement, parent leadership, goal setting and planning for family success. The curriculum is designed with parent input and uses the "popular education" approach to engage parents. The curriculum is designed with parent input and uses the "popular education" approach to engage parents.
Most workshops are scheduled 8:30AM - 10:30AM or directly after school assemblies. Coffee, refreshments, and Spanish translation are provided.
Please contact Karrie Roy
, Grand View's Parent Center Representative, to learn more about how the Parent Center can be of service to you:
- Parent Center Representative: Karrie Roy, Email: karrie.roy.lausd.net, Phone, 310-390-3618
- Parent Center Hours: Mon-Fri, 8:15AM - 11:30AM
- Parent Center Location: Room 28, near the garden
Donation Request: Big waters, coffee, coffee mate, plates, napkins, snacks